Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxies has Returned  (Read 3544 times)

Offline Thornes

• Newbie Poster
Star Wars Galaxies has Returned
« on: June 28, 2015, 07:59:23 PM »
Hello Everyone!

I know I am like the passing breeze in the night, but I have something to discuss with you ALL.

I have returned to SWG on the Bloodfin server and I am amazed at the way this game has been revived.  A few people have taken the code from the SWGEMU and it has revived the game to the state of the game that I enjoyed the most. They have added Atmospheric flight and a lot of other perks like 15x XP weekends to sweeten the pot. I have gotten up with the Other guild  that I played with in SWG SiN, and have been busy building the city which has now turned out sweet. I have mastered almost all profession -Armorsmith and Weaponsmith cause I do not have the patience for them. I am a Master Arch and I can create all housing and factories/harvester/stations etc... and I have the resources to build everyone ships for the interplanetary travel. I have resources and of course my beloved Jedi "Thornes" back to life and my Wife LadyThornes is with me.

I would love to have you guys come back to the game and have fun, and expand the growing city that I have built, or we can build a new one on Talus if you prefer, and get it going. They do not have group TEF, the resources cycle, the droids work, they have space instances like the corvette to farm goodies, they have events, they have imperial and rebel Jedi guilds actively fighting, and vendors galore. Overall the game is perfect enough that I am addicted again!

The Game is PRECU no levels, no BS and it is awesome, but it is missing something else that was special to me and Magesix, you guys. I am currently An Imperial, but it is whatever you guys want to do that will determine if that stays or not. I just like the AtST pets :).  I would like for you guys to email me, msg me, whatever just to let me know if you would come try it out and see what you think, I do miss you all ingame. Barriak, I need you tooo,,,, lol.....

Thornes-Jedi
DiGDoG-Master Arch/Droid
Kronos-Stacker
Hammurabi-BH
etc...

Sin City of Chilastra, Dantooine.
Bloodfin Server - http://www.bloodfin.net

You have to install the game from your old cd's only. Register on the Bloodfin forums, activate and login. I change up characters a lot in the game because I am more crafter/harveters than PVP. Or you guys can call me , 919-996-9478 if you have any questions instead of playing tag on here. I do hope you all consider it, it is really back.

Thornes
32 Profession Holo Grinder

Offline Dez

• Founder
  • Posting God
  • There is NO Canadian Bacon!
    • Facebook Page
Re: Star Wars Galaxies has Returned
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 12:03:14 AM »
Hey Thornes, great to hear from you! Happy to hear you and Magesix are still out there. :)

Bloodfin sounds pretty cool. I did try the SWGemu and it was ok, but there was a lot that was not implemented yet and I missed it. How many characters are you allowed? I would love to pop in there and peek around.

Not sure how much time I'll have for it though. Some of us are waiting for a EQ2 Timelocked server to be released soon and were going to try that as well. Vacation is coming up in a couple weeks, then after that it is back out to the bush with my husband for another round of scarifying. (it's a logging thing). We usually do that for 1-2 month's only coming home on weekends. So far the places we have been working have all been off-grid, maybe I'll get lucky this year and we will be within cell coverage and I can get online with my laptop, here's hoping, hehe.

Dez

Offline Thornes

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 12:46:40 AM »
 The Bloodfin server is based off of the EMU except we have atmospheric flight. There are only 2 things I have seen that are not complete, the Bomb Droids, The Space action is not configurable yet, although you can get in your ship fly straight up to space and navigate to ships and POIS that have instances like the Corvette. They also have planet Hoth and Kaas that is pretty deadly, but great for killer resources. I can make you guys anything you want in game to get you started depending on what you want to do. I use galaxy Harvester everyday to get the jump on the server best resources and I usually drop 30-40 harvesters. You are allow 15-16 Characters, You can have 3 logged on at the same time only. I am so back in love with the game I get all excited when I get some free time to play.
 I am Imperial this time, and In a guild Called SiN- Strength in Numbers, it is my Tattoo actually, and My best friend from Washington State is the guild leader. I was not sure where you guys were I actually logged into all the EMU servers looking and decided to come and find you instead on the Forums, lol.

Seriously though. I just about had tears in my eyes when I logged in and started playing on this server. They offer 10-15x XP on the weekends, so on the weekends, I usually crank up ole Thornes and go PVP/RAIDING/PVE and Bosses for the killer loots to use such as Schematics, 5th Gen Sabers, Janta Bloods that make 1100 Power buff packs, etc...

You guys I am serious about you coming back and playing, and I will help everyone get started. I do ask one thing though. I can show you all how to unlock you jedi and if you have a free weekend can be template fully in 2 days with the XP boost. You don't have to make them to PVP, but they are awesome to PVE and get loots from some major instances they offer. They also do special events sometimes and spawn crazy creatures aklay included. I do remember that you all do not like PVP, but they did away with the Group TEF so everyone does not pay for one persons issues during combat.

I have over 40 Personal Miners, 20 Heavies, High capacity floral farms and I make server best harvester with my crazy amounts of resources, :). I also can make everyone a ship to fly around on the planet just like you would use your speeders.

I can talk for hours about the fun and crazy things u can do in the game, but I would like to have you guys in Number come to the server with me. All the guys in SiN are from chilastra and I think we should unite. There is a Bria guild, and other servers have had their guilds come and form up. My wife is also playing with me and she gets to enjoy the game like we did back when it was fun before the CU. We have a Town on Dant called SiN City of Chilastra and if is close to the imperial outpost.

You guys just consider it and let me know. You can all contact me at nickeyheath@hotmail.com or call me at 919-996-9478 Nick/Thornes.

May the Force be with you ALL!!!

Thornes... :wav:

Offline wildgamble

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 08:53:47 PM »
I am so happy to be back in the game, there still is no better MMO then this one. My in game name is Auladla and I am completely blown away by what I have seen in this game so far. The only thing that sucks....I am broke as hell....lol.

Offline Dez

• Founder
  • Posting God
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 04:52:43 PM »
Holy smokes a post from Phil! You do check the boards once in a while! :)

Offline Pery

• Founder
  • Posting God
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 03:33:51 AM »
Just to let you know I am still alive and kicking. I have been here playing SWG for the past month. Been having alot of fun. Thornes has a great guild going here. I hope you are all having fun in TLE. Looks like it is getting going pretty well. :hello2:

Offline Dez

• Founder
  • Posting God
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 09:44:53 AM »
I created a character on bloodfin, saw pery there and chatted a bit, then I went on vacation. Now you guys have moved to revelations, right? I made a character there, but don't know the guild name, is it still SiN? Did all of you move to revelations? Bar, auladla too?

Do you still play on Bloodfin at all?

Offline Aelwulf

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 05:03:06 AM »
Hey all.  I mostly lurk here so far but thought I'd ask on this one.  Just joined recently on the TLE server.  I have SWG: Awakenings installed but don't have a guild or anything.  Do you know if I could just swap over and start again there with the same software setup?  Any big differences between the two setups?  Thanks!

Offline Dez

• Founder
  • Posting God
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 04:17:28 PM »
The folks from SiN (thornes group) have moved from bloodfin over to the revelations server. I am not sure if you can run off the same game installation as awakenings though. I just uninstalled and started from fresh when I set up on revelations, it did not take much time at all. :)