Author Topic: Is anyone from the old DAOC Lancelot crew around still?  (Read 4627 times)

Offline Jordis

• Newbie Poster
Is anyone from the old DAOC Lancelot crew around still?
« on: July 20, 2015, 06:35:12 PM »
Whats up guys!  It's been over 10 years since I've talked to anyone from Dragon Maw.  I just wanted to see if anyone from the old daoc guild is still around.  Teecee, Shadowfox, Roslyn, Zeez etc.

I Hope everyone is doing well.

Brian

Offline Dauvien (Onodi)

• High Council
  • Posting God
Re: Is anyone from the old DAOC Lancelot crew around still?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 08:21:29 PM »
Goodness two members from older games come out of the woodwork in the last week :)

Hi I didn't play DAOC myself but TC still checks in from time to time.  We have a few members eyeballing the a new SWG Pre-CU emulated sever and about half a dozen of us are going to open up a new EQ2 Time Locked Expansion server faction.

Hopefully others chime in... many of us have been doing our own thing but always good to hear from older members (I joined when EQ2 Launched 10 years back).
Dauvien (Onodi)
     - PSN: Dauvien PS4 / Steam: Dauvien / FF14: Onodi Vincere (Cactar)/ EQ2: Dauvien/Onodi/Fiznic (Halls of Fate) | TLE:FG Onodi

Offline Dez

• Founder
  • Posting God
  • There is NO Canadian Bacon!
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 12:52:15 AM »
Hello!

I was not in DAOC, but we do see TC, Barriak, Aydyn and a few others occasionally.

Check back often, and maybe you will find one of them and responded :)

Dez

Offline Rosalin

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 10:50:01 AM »
 :laugh:

Jordis!!!! Hello from me and Shadowfox! We received Dauvien's e-mail this morning. How are all of you? We have been playing SWTOR in our spare time but soon we have our eye on CrowFall. Please feel free to e-mail me. I would love to link up with you guys in game again. --- Rosalin

We miss all our friends. Anyone know where Zeez is or Teecee, Adyn lately?

rosalin@roadrunner.com

Offline Dauvien (Onodi)

• High Council
  • Posting God
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 01:11:15 PM »
We miss all our friends. Anyone know where Zeez is or Teecee, Adyn lately?
rosalin@roadrunner.com

Glad my latest email was able to reach out to some of our older friends (found a time snap of the old dmaw site on the wayback archive last week).  I'll bump your permissions to full member so you can view the rest of the boards.

Not sure about Zeez but Teecee hits the boards from time to time (he retired and spends lots of time with his boat: http://dragonmaw.net/forum/index.php?topic=907.0).  Last time I saw Adyn was when we tried out Everquest Landmark (he also played a stent in SWTOR, however only SweetLou continues to play there: http://dragonmaw.net/forum/index.php?topic=534.0)

Hopefully we get others stopping by... as you saw I'm trying to drum up participation for EQ2 currently (a Time Locked Expansion Server, currently on Launch/shatter lands cap is lv 50).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 01:14:07 PM by Dauvien »
Dauvien (Onodi)
     - PSN: Dauvien PS4 / Steam: Dauvien / FF14: Onodi Vincere (Cactar)/ EQ2: Dauvien/Onodi/Fiznic (Halls of Fate) | TLE:FG Onodi

Offline Rosalin

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 08:42:01 PM »
Thanks! Yes, the e-mail hit my in-box but Shadowfox didn't receive it. He was bummed, I tell you. He was like, "Why did they look for you and not me?" lol. I don't know if his e-mail is active on here, but my old one re-routed to rosalin@roadrunner.com.

If any folks are looking for Shadowfox, he can be reached at shadowfox@roadrunner.com.

Teecee, if you read this, you better toss me a mail! I want to see pictures of you and your boat and retirement happiness! Anyhoo, missing the whole group from way back when. I don't know if I have the time for EQ2 but I certainly miss our old raid and siege groups. We are currently helping to Kickstart the game Crowfall. The next new thing Shadowfox is dragging me into when it goes live. We are playing SWTOR on the weekends. Please keep in touch! --- Rosalin

Offline Dauvien (Onodi)

• High Council
  • Posting God
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 08:54:32 PM »
Thanks! Yes, the e-mail hit my in-box but Shadowfox didn't receive it. He was bummed, I tell you. He was like, "Why did they look for you and not me?" lol. I don't know if his e-mail is active on here, but my old one re-routed to rosalin@roadrunner.com.

Yea the "wayback archive" only captures some of the raw data from websites but not the site entirely.  I reviewed the few captures of the old dragon maw site and found some addresses that didn't line up with the current roster.  Just glad it worked, Shadowfox is welcome to register too.
Dauvien (Onodi)

Offline Shadowfox

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 03:23:35 AM »
Hello, Shadowfox here.  I see Rosalin already listed my contact info.  We're still hanging out with Athos/Shakiel if anyone is around that still remembers him.  I've stayed in touch with Saphyra on and off these past many years.  Teecee got ahold of me to try some MechWarrior action out about 5 years ago, and I dabbled for a month or so.  The last time I really talked to people in the guild as a whole was around the start of SWG.  I didn't really get into that game that much, so I didn't stick around long.

Jordis!  How have you been?  Cool to see a blast from the past.

Does Maw use this website to stay in contact as the primary method, or is there a closed Facebook group or something as well?

Here's a little something from the old days.  Note the group members & friends list  ;)

Offline Shadowfox

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 03:26:27 AM »
Looks like that embedded picture didn't take.  Here's the link I was trying to show: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_vDj5K5Pk-bbjNiU3pCMXFKQlE/view?usp=sharing 

Offline Dez

• Founder
  • Posting God
  • There is NO Canadian Bacon!
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 08:24:11 AM »
Hello! :)

We did start a facebook group some time ago, but it never really took off. This website seems to be our primary source of communication.

TC, Aydyn and a couple others from ages past do check here once in a while, so please check back from time to time to see if they have poked their heads in, I'm sure they will want to say hello! Infact I will send a note to TC to tell him to drop in here to say hello. :)

Dez

Offline Dauvien (Onodi)

• High Council
  • Posting God
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 12:52:34 PM »
Looks like that embedded picture didn't take.  Here's the link I was trying to show: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_vDj5K5Pk-bbjNiU3pCMXFKQlE/view?usp=sharing  

Looks like the link was referencing a web page api.  I hit the link, saved the picture's location then put it on the boards wrapped in the IMG format (its the picture button when creating a post).  Seemed to work, although could have been easier  :D

Game looks pretty good, I know quite a few friends went there when I stayed on EQ1 back in the day.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 12:57:22 PM by Dauvien »
Dauvien (Onodi)

Offline Jordis

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 06:19:20 PM »
Wow, I did not expect to get this sort of response, i'm amazed everyone still checks in from time to time!

I'd love to get together and game with ShadowFox, Rosalin, Aydyn  and a few others again at some point.

Dark Age of Camelot was the first MMO I ever played.  Lancelot was the first server I played on.  I ended up switching servers to play with real  life friends and continuing to play for a few years.  I think I was just starting college when we were playing together.  I finished school, got married, and now have 3 little girls.   :toothy10:

As far as gaming, I've pretty much played every MMO since Dark Age of Camelot at one point or another.  Lots of Counter Strike too. Right now i'm dabbling with FFXIV again since the expansion came out. I've spent quite a bit of time pvping in wow and guild wars 2. 

It's funny you mention Crowfall, I plan to give that a shot too.  I've been gaming with the one of the lead devs (the guy on all the videos) since 2007. I'll see if I can score us some beta invites. I do have a channel just for fun. https://www.youtube.com/user/botchachu2

We should get a closed facebook group like someone suggested.  That's a great idea :)

You can reach out to me at bmedge@gmail.com anytime.

Brian

Offline Shadowfox

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 08:34:51 PM »
Jordis,

That's awesome that you know a lead dev!  I pledged high enough on the kickstarter that I should be in the Alpha test, so I'm good, but if you can score invites for yourself & Rosalin, that'd be cool.  From what I've been hearing, it sounds like I may be seeing you sometime soon in SWTOR, Shadowlands server.  I'll keep my eyes out for you.

If anyone else is playing SWTOR and wants to hang out, this link goes to my character list for trying to find me: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgQ1sm9A93KYVDeFJlZbrpDyk0iRsNv2ya-zgT3E6M0/edit?usp=sharing 

Offline TC

• Founder
  • Posting Pro
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2015, 03:37:09 PM »
Greetings,

Hail Jordis, Ros, and Shadowfox!  Good to hear from y'all.  Last couple years been hard on the ole man.  I retired the first time back in Feb 2014.  Did not feel my best, and my wife finally made me go to the Doctor.   Well, two weeks later had a 5 vessel open heart surgery.  I recovered quickly, never had a heart attack so there wasn't any heart tissue damage.  Around Aug 2014 I was really missing work, so in September when the younger kids went back to school I took a six month contract in Baton Rouge working in the ICU/CCU.  Two of my grown children live there.  So, in March this year retired again, final time I hope.  Been fishing a lot since then.  This pass summer put in a pool for the girls.
I have not done much gaming in quite some time.  I did enjoy SWTOR and max'ed out but was just me and one other (Lou) there when I quit.  I dabbled with MechWarrior Online for a little while, but I just could not get use to the mouse and keyboard being a JS guy, so left there after a short while.
Ros, ya can find me on FB, Tom Clark, nursetom@aol.com,  hun would love for you to go through all my pictures....there are a bunch.  Did ya roses ever make it back?
OBO and Trevor come by every now and then.  Really good to hear from and hopeful all is well with y'all.

TC   
TC
DragonMaw Guild