Author Topic: Greetings Everyone!  (Read 1429 times)

Offline TC

• Founder
  • Posting Pro
Greetings Everyone!
« on: January 02, 2016, 07:42:18 PM »
Howdy all.  I know it has been a long time, but the last couple years have been kinda busy.  Since a couple years ago, when I quit playing SWTOR, been taking a break from computer games.  In Feb 2014 I retired for the first time!  Didn't go too well.  Had my bucket list and anxious to get started on it, but a few mins after I started something I was outta breath,  The straw that broke the camel's back was when I was trying to cut down a 20 foot tall pine tree in the back yard.  Around 20 mins into it my wife informed me I was going to the doctor and no if's and/or anything to be heard by me.

Well went to the doctor and had a stress test, which I failed.  Being a Cardiac Nurse I knew something was wrong, but I am also the king of denial.  One week later I had a 5 vessel coronary artery bypass with an endorectomy of my Left descending coronary artery.  I was home 5 days after surgery and recovered well and quickly.  I did not have a heart attack but was told I was a walking time bomb for some time.  LOL  what the hell do doctors know??  LOL  That was in April 2014.  A few months later I was feeling better but something was gnawing at me, which was could I still work as a nurse in ICU.  So I took a travel job to Baton Rouge for 13 weeks in a large medical center there.  They asked me to stay another 13 weeks which I did and retired for the second time in March 2015 with a much better ability to do what I wanted.  I fished most of April, May, and June in the Gulf, and spent a lot of time with the family at the beach, in the boat, and in our new pool.

When school started again I was a Band Dad with two of the girls in the high school marching band, which covered my Fridays and Saturdays were for college football, GO LSU!.  Sundays were church in the morning followed by pro-football GO SAINTS!.   The days of the week were for working out and helping my wife with her company.

Right after Thanksgiving I became interested in SW Battle Front but decided against it after reading several reviews that were not too well received.  I went back to check the forums at SWTOR and they had just launched the 3rd expansion.  I thought I would get back into it. 
SWTOR started with a 14.00 a month fee, and I received a level 60 guy.  I played that expansion pack I got to 65 after just a few weeks.  Everything could be played solo.  I enjoyed it.  The then took my old character which was level 50, he is now 55, and working through the two previous expansions.

Life is good, I'm healthy, kids are doing well in school, and my wife has so much work she has started to turn down new customer's.  I am enjoying my retirement, doing what I want when I want to it.

Hopeful I haven't put y'all to sleep yet with my exciting life!  Just wanted to let y'all know I haven't fallen off the planet!  LOL

A belated Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!!!

TC

PS:  Hey Trev I got $10.00 on Alabama over Clemson in the NC game bro!   You in????    :thumbsup:
TC
DragonMaw Guild

Offline Dez

• Founder
  • Posting God
  • There is NO Canadian Bacon!
    • Facebook Page
Re: Greetings Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 11:22:56 PM »
Hey TC!

I'm very happy to hear that life is treating you good and your recovery went well. Things up here in the north are...well...COLD at the moment, -20 Celsius, brrrrr. We had a good Christmas and New Year and I'm looking forward to good things in 2016.

Good Luck for 2016!

Dez